Friday, February 28, 2014

Emptiness

All alone in an empty house
The blustery day ensues
Gray clouds hover
Leaving me feeling blue

Snow drifts and waves
Bare branches wither
A freight train whistles
Icy wind just whips

So this is the culmination
Of 9 years of occupation
22 years of habitation
Of Minnesota-ization

All alone in an empty house
Where memories were made
With many firsts and many lasts
For love, it never failed

a ray of sunshine beams
offering perspective
from the warm room
as it reveals all prospective

the evergreens flash a smile
into my sunny room
there will be new memories
in a new place, a new home.

An empty house it is today
But voices of past echo
I capture them in my heart
And together, away we’ll go.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I really love this one Bela. In all the chaos and worry about moving I never really got chance to reflect but this made me think (in a good way).