Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Nostalgia


Nostalgia to me is sweet memories, all the good that has happened in years past. It is common knowledge, a variety of experiences exist.  But when looking back I see my past through a haze, as if a translucent cloth through which only the bright spots penetrate.  I see streaming from this misty veil the glimmering light of memories past and twinkles of sweet delights. Hidden in shadows all the dark moments remain, my memories will not awaken them.

With each passing year the haze becomes foggier. The spark of light begins to dim. I light lamps, ignite energies to keep the beautiful, fond memories intact. The exertion is long and hard, a great strain on my soul, but the endeavor is rewarding. Sweet memories past is all that continue to remain with me, as if each and every piece were real.

And this is how I choose to remember!

No comments: