Sunday, June 8, 2014

Defined!


I wrote a book

in all of ten years,

guiding force a woman,

my near and dear,

 

it started as mourning,

to celebrate a lost life

of woman with much grit,

formidable mother, and wife

 

a shawl of comfort and healing

she nestled her large brood

through turmoil, nation divided,

loss, and scarce food.

 

In writing the book

I celebrated my grandmother,

what I learned was not just her life,

but how to be a woman and mother

 

I learned how to live

and tap into the mettle,

an essence of our pedigree

whether we roam or settle.

 

The book is not a story

of people in life, fiction, or gone,

it is an elixir, a being, breathing,

giving air for her to be reborn.

 

The process to script

became life lessons on verve,

raking the past to reveal

a future full of nerve,

 

resonating her spirit

her message to rise above it all

for the next lines in her blood,

a family together will not fall.

 

I am who I am, because of the book,

not just for what’s in it,

but who I became crafting it.

 

The milestone that defines me,

as a woman of robust pedigree!

No comments: